Lincoln Riley met with the media for his regular game week press conference prior to playing in the Big 12 Championship:
- Injury Update:
- None mentioned
- Riley began the press conference by thanking the Oklahoma fans for the last three home games. Said the players noticed it and that it helps.
- Riley didn’t talk about much strategy with TCU, but did say this about the first TCU game, “We weren’t real happy with how we played in the second half. I’ll leave it at that.”
- Rodney Anderson has emerged as the next in-line at running back for Oklahoma. Riley says that “in a strange way” he is actually more versatile than Joe Mixon was. Says his element power is what separates him.
- With the volatility of the current coaching carousel, Riley says, “I’m very fortunate to be in the position I’m in. It’s nice not to have to worry about any of that.”
- Riley says he had the confidence to allow Austin Seibert to kick the field goal on Saturday from 60 yards. Seibert’s 51-yard field goal was his career long.
- The new early National Signing Day for football recruits is coming up, and Riley mentions that he doesn’t know how he feels about that yet. Says it is still in a “trial and error” phase with recruits.
- Riley did reveal that he will have start to have conversations with certain players about their NFL Futures following this week’s game. Orlando Brown and Mark Andrews have been at the center of the talk of guys who may leave early.
Oklahoma and TCU will kickoff at 11:30 AM CST on FOX for the Big 12 Championship. Game is being played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.