The NBA has unveiled the Thunder’s 2017-2018 regular season schedule, with an opening day matchup against the New York Knicks on October 17th in Oklahoma City.
Notable games include:
- November 22nd vs. the Golden State Warriors. OKC’s first matchup against the Dubs comes early and at home.
- December 13th @ the Indiana Pacers. Paul George returns to Indy for the first time since the trade that sent him to OKC.
- December 25th vs. the Houston Rockets. The Thunder’s first matchup against the revamped Rockets comes at home on Christmas day.
- January 20th @ the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Thunder will visit LeBron — but will Kyrie Irving still be a member of the Cavs?
- February 8th @ the Los Angeles Lakers. On the trade deadline, the Thunder travel to LA — a team Paul George has been linked to. This could be interesting.
The Thunder will enjoy 37 nationally-televised games, up from 30 last season. The addition of Paul George — not to mention the intrigue brought by reigning MVP Russell Westbrook — has had a positive effect on the Thunder’s visibility in these widely broadcasted games.
Although there are a number of back-to-backs on the docket, instances of four games in five nights has been eliminated completely.