Lincoln Riley met with the media for his regular game week press conference prior to hosting Texas Tech this week:
- Injury Update:
- Abdul Adams is getting closer to getting back to the field. Lincoln Riley says that he was available on Saturday but was not 100%.
- Riley say CeeDee Lamb has a nagging injury, but that he is getting better every week.
- Kahlil Haughton is expected back from his injury against Texas.
- Riley mentioned that Matt Romar is questionable. Romar has not played since early in the season.
- First off, this was the most insightful Lincoln Riley has been this season.
- Lincoln Riley said that this will be the biggest recruiting weekend of the year in his opening statement.
- Riley did confirm that Baker Mayfield did not practice at all last week. He had 479 total yards of offense and three touchdowns. He then went on to say, “show me somebody in the country who’s better.”
- Mykel Jones was another player that emerged last week. Riley said that his shoulder popped out of place three to four times against Kansas State.
- Riley said that Rodney Anderson is “maybe the most physically complete” running back that they have.
- Riley says that the halftime adjustment was nothing schematically, but that they just needed to pick up their intensity.
- Lincoln Riley was a part of the 2008 “Jump Around” game, but on the opposing sideline. Said that it was probably the best atmosphere he has ever been involved with.
- Bobby Evans has been their most consistent offensive linemen this year according to Riley.
- Riley said that he is “proud” of Du’Vonta Lampkin’s bounce back this season. Lampkin was suspended two games at the beginning of this season. Riley believes he has the potential to be a “dominant player”.
Oklahoma and Texas Tech will kickoff at 7:00 PM CT on ESPN or ABC depending on where it is being viewed. The kickoff for Oklahoma State was announced, and the Sooners will get a 3:00 PM CT kickoff on Fox Sports One.