Lincoln Riley met with the media for the first time for a game week as the head coach at the University of Oklahoma:
- Kyler Murray will be the backup quarterback to Baker Mayfield. Austin Kendall will have an opportunity to redshirt with walk-on redshirt sophomore Tanner Schafer being the third-string quarterback right now.
- Austin Seibert will continue to handle all three special teams’ duties. He had been in a battle for all three but it was “his job to lose”.
- A starting running back has not been named quite yet. Riley is confident in all four and that he needs to see more “game action” before he begins to separate the group.
- True freshman CeDarian (CeeDee) Lamb is at the “top of the list” to return punts. Grad transfer Jeff Badet was mentioned to be at the top of the kickoff returning duties.
- Oklahoma has hired Annie Hanson as their “Executive Director of Recruiting” and will work alongside Drew Hill (director of player personnel), and Eric Striker (recruiting analyst)
- Lincoln Riley plans on Marquis Hayes, Tyrese Robinson, Kennedy Brooks (injury), Levi Draper (injury), K’Jakyre Daley, Troy James, Adrian Ealy, and Zach McKinney to redshirt. Others will as well but not announced quite yet as he plans on playing the other freshman as of right now
- Ricky DeBerry is the only player that has been announced that will be out for this week against UTEP.