Lincoln Riley met with the media for his regular game week press conference prior to traveling to Kansas this week:
- Injury Update:
- Kahlil Haughton is not expected back
- Jordan Thomas is questionable again heading into Kansas.
- Riley says Matt Romar has not been ruled out for a return this season, but is not expected back.
- Jordan Thomas was not found on the sidelines against TCU. Riley says that it was for medical reasons with the “sidelines so full”. They did not want him to get rolled up on or get hit just standing there.
- Riley kicked off the press conference by saying Saturday was a “great night” for Oklahoma football.
- Riley praised Kansas’ defensive line. Mentions Big 12 preseason defensive player of the year Dorance Armstrong and defensive tackle Daniel Wise. Riley went as far to say Wise will be the “defensive tackle they will face all year…counting Ohio State”.
- With the way Austin Seibert is playing, Riley believes he should be an All-American. Seibert knocked in his longest field goal of his career on Saturday from 49 yards.
- Riley was asked about the move to Jordan Brand. Here is the full quote from Franchise Insider, Bob Przybylo:
— Bob Przybylo (@BPrzybylo) November 13, 2017
- Oklahoma has yet to use their practice fields outside of newly renovated Gaylord-Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Riley says they will use them at some point but “likes the routine they are in now”.
Oklahoma and Kansas will kickoff on ESPN at 2:30 PM CST on Saturday. The West Virginia and Oklahoma kickoff time for next weekend has been put on a six-day hold.