Lincoln Riley met with the media for his regular game week press conference prior to hosting Iowa State on Saturday:
- Injury updates:
- Curtis Bolton suffered a significant ankle injury that will require surgery. He will miss the rest of the season.
- Will Johnson, Robert Barnes, and Cody Ford are expected back this week.
- Matt Romar will be a game-time decision.
- No injury, but Amani Bledsoe will also be making his 2017 debut Saturday.
- Riley said that Abdul Adams and Trey Sermon will get the first crack at running back. Says that they have performed the best in games to this point. However, nothing is set and stone with the running back committee.
- Amani Bledsoe will be in the rotation out of the chute. Bledsoe has been sitting due to a PED suspension that began last year.
- Riley gave lots of praise for right tackle Bobby Evans. Mentioned that he had to go up against a lot of opponents’ best edge rusher from last year. Also said Ben Powers is another guy that has graded out well so far.
- He praised Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell in the same way as he did with Matt Rhule from two weeks ago. Riley says that Iowa State is a “very very improved team” from a year ago.
- Riley says that getting some of the members in the secondary back should help them. Mentioned that they did not play particularly well against Baylor–they were without starting free safety Will Johnson and his backup, Robert Barnes.
It was also announced that OU-Texas will be kicked off at 2:30 PM CST this year. Will be aired on ABC or ESPN.