Just a little over a month left to the regular season ends and we are starting to see the top three teams separate themselves from the rest of the pack:
- TCU (28-7 9-3 RPI 10 SOS 55) Last week, the Frogs dropped a close series at WVU, but with the talent they have, it’s still hard to drop the Frogs from the top spot. This week they look to keep the conference lead as they host Baylor.
- West Virginia (22-13 8-4 RPI 8 SOS 7) As mentioned, last week;s series win might be the biggest in Mountaineers history. This week they will try improve their 12-10 road record as they face KSU.
- Texas Tech (32-8 8-4 RPI 3 SOS 31) The Red Raiders only fell this week due to the big WVU win. If Tech wins the series this week over OSU, it will set up a huge match up with TCU next week.
- Oklahoma (27-13 5-4 RPI 25 SOS 75) Oklahoma has had a tough stretch over the last couple of weeks, going 3-7 in their last 10. Injuries have been a issue for the pitching staff, but the biggest issue is the .219 average in Big 12 play.
- Baylor (23-14 5-7 RPI 16 SOS 8) The Bears finally bounced back with a series win last week over Texas, and winning 4 of their last 5. This week is the biggest test for the Bears as they travel to TCU.
- Texas (25-15 7-8 RPI 38 SOS 21) Texas’ road struggles continued last week, falling to Baylor. They’re now 5-8 on the road. This week, they catch a break from Big 12 play as they host New Orleans.
- Kansas (17-19 6-6 RPI 90 SOS 32) The Jayhawks earned a quality series win last week over Oklahoma St, but stumbled midweek at Wichita St. This weekend, Kansas will try to get their first series road win at Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma State (21-15 4-8 RPI 56 SOS 44) The Cowboys’ starting rotation has been decimated with injuries, losing their 2,3, & 4 guys for a major part of the season. If Oklahoma State can have a solid final portion of the season, they could work their way back into regional talk. This week it doesn’t get an easier as they travel to Lubbock.
- Kansas State (19-18 2-10 RPI 101 SOS 48) The Wildcats have had a good week, beating a solid New Mexico team twice during the midweek. This weekend they have a tough one as they host the hottest Big 12 team in WVU.
RPI and SOS courtesy of boydsworld.com.