We are fast approaching the last month of the season and we have movement up and down the power poll:
- TCU (30-9, 11-4 RPI 11 SOS 44) The Frogs are showing why most thought they might be the best team in the country to start the season. The Frogs’ starting rotation is banged up, but they still took two of three from Baylor last week. This week, the series of the year loses a little luster with all the injuries, but should still decide the title.
- Texas Tech (34-11, 9-6 RPI 5 SOS 24) Last week the Raiders played host to Oklahoma State and came out on the short end of the stick. This week they can make a statement to the league against a shorthanded TCU team.
- West Virginia (24-15, 9-6 RPI 8 SOS 6) The Mountaineers are another team that is having some key arms go down, with Grove being the latest. This week, they host Oklahoma. The Mountaineers have an 8-3 record at home.
- Kansas (21-20, 8-7 RPI 58 SOS 22) The Jayhawks continue to be the biggest head-scratcher this season. Last week, Kansas headed into Norman and nearly came away with a sweep. This week, the Jayhawks can put a tighter grip on fourth place with a series win over Baylor in Lawrence.
- Texas (28-16, 7-8 RPI 36 SOS 22) The Longhorns stepped out of conference last week, sweeping New Orleans. This week, they return to conference play and travel to OSU. The Horns have struggled in the road going 5-8 on the season.
- Oklahoma (28-15, 6-6 RPI 37 SOS 78). The Sooners finally broke their 7 game losing streak, and mother nature saved them a embarrassing loss Tuesday vs UTA — the game was called in the second inning with the Sooners down 11-3. This week they travel to West Virginia, and the road has not been kind to OU, going 7-10
- Oklahoma St (23-16, 6-9 RPI 41 SOS 26) Last week, the Cowboys may have got their biggest series win knocking off Texas Tech on the road. Oklahoma State can make a move in the standings as they host Texas a team that has struggled on the road in conference.
- Baylor (25-16, 6-9 RPI 16 SOS 7) Baylor is finally playing a little better in conference. Last week they dropped 2 of 3 to TCU, but had an impressive Saturday win. This week, they travel to Kansas who has series wins over Texas, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma this season
- Kansas St (Kansas St 21-20, 4-11 RPI 87 SOS 39) The Wildcats had a big series win last week over WVU. Two games back in the win column for the final tournament spot, KSU steps out of conference play taking on ABCU.
RPI and SOS courtesy of boydsworld.com