The Big 12 has two weeks left in the regular season and 2 games separate 3rd from 6th, so it will be a big couple of weeks
- TCU (35-11, 10-6 RPI 6 SOS 29). The Frogs have finally started getting healthy and playing that way. Last week, they got a sweep over the hot Texas Longhorns in Austin. This week they travel to Norman and face an OU team that has won the last two series.
- Texas Tech (39-13, 13-8 RPI 3 SOS 12) The Red Raiders have started to hit their stride as we approach the last couple of weeks. Last week Texas Tech hit the road winning a series at West Virginia. This they have off for finals before finishing off the year with Kansas.
- Oklahoma (32-17, 10-8 RPI 22 SOS 56) The Sooners struggled through the month of April, and seemed to have rebounded in May. Last week the Sooners took a series at KSU. This week they close out the home season against TCU.
- Kansas (27-22, 9-9 RPI 60 SOS 49) The Jayhawks have won six straight, stepping out of conference last week hosting Texas Southern. This week it’s the battle of the Sunflower state. A series win puts the Jayhawks in position to make the series against Tech very big in the final week.
- Baylor (29-17, 8-10 RPI 20 SOS 16) The Bears are another team that’s had struggles, but has seem to right the ship, going 7-3 in their last 10. This week they travel to face a struggling OSU team.
- Texas (31-19, 9-11 RPI 23 SOS 8) The Longhorns under first year coach Pierce have over delivered on the season. Although swept last week by TCU, they are poised to return to the NCAA. This week, they take off for finals before closing against WVU.
- West Virginia (28-20, RPI 11-10) A few weeks ago, the Mountaineers were riding high after a TCU series win, but injuries have taken their toll. WVU steps out of conference this weeks with hopes of starting pitcher Grove returning next week vs. Texas.
- Oklahoma State (24-21, 6-11 RPI 58 SOS 33) No team has been hit by the injury bug moreso than the Cowboys. Two of the main cogs of the pitching staff have missed time with injuries and continue to miss time. The struggles were capped last week with a series loss to Lamar. The Cowboys start to make a stand this week as they host Baylor.
- Kansas State (26-22, 5-13 RPI 93 SOS 53) The Wildcats dropped a hard fought series with Oklahoma last week. This week they sit 1.5 games back of the last spot for the Big 12 tournament as they travel to Kansas.
RPI and SOS courtesy of boydsworld.com