Power poll 4/13/17
- TCU (26-5, 8-1 RPI 9 SOS 79) The Frogs have started to flex their muscle as they have won 13-straight overall, and six-straight in-conference. TCU is only hitting 273 but the team ERA is 3rd in the Big 12 with a 3.25. This week they face West Virginia in Morgantown starting Friday.
- Texas Tech (29-7, 6-3 RPI 5 SOS 25) Tech bounced back last week with a series win over Baylor after falling to OU the week before. The Raiders have a chance to put some wins together, facing KSU this week on the road.
- West Virginia (19-12, 6-3 RPI 14 SOS 17) The Mountaineers have dropped the last two games after 2inning six straight. This week they face their toughest test: hosting TCU. If WVU wants to be a factor in the conference race, this is a must win series to keep TCU close to the pack.
- Oklahoma (27-9, 5-4 RPI 16 SOS 89) The Sooners entered last weekend on a high facing Texas, but took their first series loss to the ‘Horns in two years. OU will step out of conference play and travel to face a top 25 Michigan team.
- Texas (23-13, 6-6 RPI 31 SOS 13) The Horns continue to do things the old way grinding out wins. Texas comes into the week with a 2.91 ERA while just hitting .249. The Horns have a chance to move over .500 as they host the struggling Bears
- Oklahoma St (19-13, 3-6 RPI 57 SOS 34) OSU has had just a few ups and downs this season. When you look at the Cowboys, what everyone thought would be the strength of this team — the pitching staff — has been hampered by injury. The Cowboys No. 2, 3 & 4 starters are all out with injuries. If they get healthy down the stretch, this will be a team nobody wants to face
- Kansas (15-17, 4-5 RPI 91 SOS 35). Kansas has struggled out-of-conference, and fared just slightly better in three Big 12 series. This week they could move over the .500 mark in conference with a series win over OSU.
- Baylor (20-13, 3-6 RPI 13 SOS 7) It’s hard to say what has went wrong with the Bears, but they only have three wins in their last 12 games. This week it doesn’t get any easier, traveling to Austin.
- Kansas St. (16-16, 1-8 RPI 125 SOS 69) The Wildcats continue to struggle losing the series in Stillwater last week. This week it gets tougher as they face Texas Tech on the road.
RPI courtesy of Boydsworld.com