1. Texas Tech (24-4, 3-0 RPI 7 SOS 82) Last weekend the Red Raiders stepped out of conference play for 3 game sweep at Wichita State. Tech is currently on a 10-game winning streak as they head to Norman to face the Sooners. For the second straight week, it looks like they will be without their Friday and Sunday starters.
2. TCU (19-5, 5-1 RPI 15 SOS 59) Two series into Big 12 play and we are starting to see why the Frogs were preseason no. 1 in the country. With a series sweep last week over OSU, TCU put its best foot forward moving to 5-1, and head to KSU this weekend.
3. Oklahoma (23-5, 2-1 RPI 24 SOS 179) The Sooners hit the road last week and finished 2-2, including a series win in Waco — the Sooners’ first road win in the Big 12 in two years. This week, the Sooners really can show if they are back, taking on Texas Tech in Norman.
4. WVU (13-9, 2-1 RPI 14 SOS 6) West Virginia has had some struggles on the mound this season, but over the last couple of weeks it has improved against the better teams. The Mountaineers can prove how much they have improved with a series win in Stillwater.
5. Oklahoma State (15-9, 0-3 RPI 42 SOS 31) Coming into last week’s series against TCU, the Cowboys had won eight in a row before getting swept. The Cowboys didn’t get a mid-week game to rebound this week and will host a much-improved WVU team this week.
6. Baylor (18-7, 2-4 RPI 6 SOS 11) The Bears might be the most interesting team in the Big 12. Baylor played a very young non-con schedule and had the first two series of conference play at home against winnable opponents and came away with two series losses. This week, the Bears will step out of conference play and travel to Washington.
7. Texas (18-10, 3-3 RPI 50 SOS 35) The ‘Horns seem to be the team just flying under the radar this season in Big 12 play. Texas got swept at against Tech with 2 one run losses, and bounced back last week sweeping KSU. The ‘Horns get a chance this weekend to improve playing at Kansas.
8. Kansas State (15-10, 0-3 RPI 106 SOS 129) The Wildcats have come down to earth since the early season dropping 5 of the last 6. It doesn’t get any easier this week hosting TCU.
9. Kansas (10-14, 1-2 RPI 148 SOS 77) Not much to say about Kansas this week. If the Jayhawks want to make OKC, they need to win a game this week to make the Sunflower state battle mean something.