Tech put its best foot forward last week and Oklahoma got a big road series win at West Virginia.
- Texas Tech (37-12, 11-7 RPI 4 SOS 17) The Red Raiders came away with a huge series win last week over a shorthanded TCU. Tech now sits a game back of the Frogs with two series remaining including this week at West Virginia.
- TCU (32-11, 12-6 RPI 9 SOS 30) TCU has a couple of arms missing from their starting rotation, and in no hurry to rush them back. If I were a betting man, I’d expect them to be full-strength for the Big 12 Tournament.
- West Virginia (26-17, 10-8 RPI 11 SOS 9) The Mountaineers stubbed their toe last week at home against Oklahoma in a series in which they could have swept or been swept. This week they host Texas Tech still missing Grove.
- Texas (31-16, 9-8 RPI 23 SOS 14) Last week the ‘Horns got a two game sweep in a weather-shortened series with Oklahoma State. This week, they have a chance to prove they are back, as they host TCU.
- Oklahoma (30-16, 8-7 RPI 26 SOS 54) The Sooners had a rough month of April, but closed with a series win at West Virginia. Oklahoma has three series remaining with none of them in Norman. This week they head to KSU.
- Kansas (23-22, 9-9 RPI 60 SOS 15) The Jayhawks have been up and down all season long — the last four games prove my point. Last week, they dropped the first two to Baylor and bounced back for the finale and a mid-week quality win over Missouri State.
- Baylor (27-17, 8-10 RPI 14 SOS 6) The Bears finally got a conference series win last week over Kansas. They take this week off for finals before returning for their last two conference series.
- Oklahoma State (23-19, 6-11 RPI 49 SOS 25) It’s hard to figure out OSU this season, as they continue to struggle. The team has had several key injuries, and has been unable to overcome them. This week, they step out of conference play and host Lamar.
- Kansas State ( 25-20, 4-11 RPI 91 SOS 53) This week the Wildcats start the Big 12 battle for their conference tournament life. Kansas Stae has three series remaining They host Oklahoma.
RPI & SOS courtesy of boydsworld.com